Sunday, November 11, 2012

As we finish our second week I have stepped into areas well beyond my comfort level. The first is sharing experience with my fellow classmates on past training experiences I have had along with my person training philosophies. The second is creating a blog. I am a very private person so to talk about myself and share with it with fellow classmates along with others who might see this is a bit unsettling. But do what I must I venture in the my own personally uncharted waters.

This week I was tasked to create an account for an RSS feed aggregator. I was supposed to subscribe to my feed and those of my fellow classmates listed on the Blogs Link Board which I subscrided to at at least three. I was also tasked to read the sites of my classmates that are of interest to me and add these sites to my RSS feed. Another task was to recommend two instructional design sites and give reasons why.  In addition I have to select one of the instructional design sites that either I or one of my classmates critiqued and respond to the comments of their or my original post.

My first instruction Design Site Recommendation.

I am recommending the Instructional Design Central website at http://instructionaldesigncentral.com as a resource for those in the instructional design field. Instructional Design Central is dedicated towards providing instructional design professionals, educators, and students access to instructional designer resources, educational information, and professional networking opportunities. Instructional Design Central is a community that delivers social networking and educational opportunities to instructional design related to Instructional Design professionals around the world. It also provides resources and tools for Instructional Designers at all levels and expertise. The site provides information on the history of Instructional Design, Instructional Design conferences, models and methods, eLearning sites along with links to Instructional Design jobs. You can join directly at the site or through the LinkedIn groups site at http://www.linkedin.com/search-fe/group_search.

My second Industrial Design site recommendation.

I am recommending Instructional Design and Development Blog (http://www.iddblog.org/) a service of DePaul University. It highlights emerging trends in the Instructional Design industry and provides resources and access to service providers and educators from all over the nation. The comments and blogs from the Instructional Designers who use the sight give me insight into the challenges they see day to day in the insductry. They provide valuable tips on where to find resources or services to help people out.

I chose to write about Pat Watkins recommendation of Christy Tuckers blog found at http://christytucker.wordpress.com/author/christytucker. I think Christy provides frank and honest comments regarding challenges encountered in the field of Instructional Design. She provides examples of her work and a comment board for peopl;e to contribute to that weeks topic.

No comments:

Post a Comment